EVERYONE Can get involved with the wcd ambassadors project!
World Contraception Day (WCD) is a campaign for everybody. Here are some ways you can join the movement and make access to contraceptive information and services a reality for all!
1. follow wcd on social media
Follow WCD's social media channels to learn more about the campaign, young people's access to sexual and reproductive health and rights, and different contraceptive methods.
Check out WCD on:
2. join the #WCDstories social media photo campaign
Support the 2016 WCD Ambassadors as they implement their projects by sharing a photo that shows what access to contraceptive information and services looks like for young people in your community. The best photos will be shared by Bayer and Women Deliver!
HOW TO JOIN:
1. Take a photo that shows the state of young people’s access to contraceptive information and services in your community, or share your own experience! This could be a photo of:
- You or a friend holding your contraceptive method of choice
- A youth-friendly clinic in your community
- A comprehensive sexuality education class
2. Post the photo and short description on social media using #WCDStories and tag @YourLifeCom
3. Invite others to join you!
- This is what it’s like to access #contraception in my community. Join me & share your #WCDStories! [YOUR PHOTO]
- As a young person, access to #contraception is essential to my health and life. Join me and share your #WCDStories. [YOUR PHOTO]
- Access to #CSE helps #youngpeople reach their full potential! Join me and share your #WCDStories! [YOUR PHOTO]
SAMPLE FACEBOOK POSTS:
- What is it like for #youngpeople to access contraceptive information and services in your community? Join me and share what contraceptive access looks like for young people in your community. Join the #WCDStories campaign now to share your story! [YOUR PHOTO]
- As a young person, access to #contraception ensures that I can reach my full potential. This is my contraception story. Join me and share yours with the #WCDStories campaign. [YOUR PHOTO]
- What is it like for young people to access #contraceptive information and services in your community? Share your story by using #WCDStories and join the conversation!
sample instagram posts:
- What is it like for #youngpeople to access information and services about #contraception in your community? Join me and the #WCDStories campaign by sharing what contraceptive access looks like in your community. [YOUR PHOTO]
- What does #youth access to #contraception look like? This what it looks like in my community. #WCDStories [YOUR PHOTO]
- We all have a story about access to #contraception. This is mine. #WCDStories [YOUR PHOTO]
Please note that inappropriate images will be untagged and not featured.
3. APPLY TO BE A WOMEN DELIVER YOUNG LEADER & WCD AMBASSADOR
All WCD Ambassadors are Women Deliver Young Leaders.
The Women Deliver Young Leaders Program seeks to seeks to ensure that adolescents and young people are involved and provided with the information, services, and opportunities needed to live to their full potential. The program provides opportunities for Young Leaders to build and strengthen their capacity and skills, while identifying national and global platforms for them to share their voices and experience. The Young Leaders Program includes:
- DIGITAL UNIVERSITY featuring two intensive 10-week courses on advocacy and project management, one-to-one meetings with faculty, webinars led by issue experts, and peer-to-peer learning.
- SPEAKERS BUREAU, which identifies national and global speaking opportunities for Young Leaders while elevating them to positions of influence and power.
- SEED GRANTS for Young Leaders to create and implement short term advocacy and communications projects that advance that the health, rights, and wellbeing of themselves as well as girls and women in their communities and across the globe.
- A SCHOLARSHIP to attend the Women Deliver Global Conference, which features a training component, a Youth Pre-Conference, Youth Zone, and media and speaking opportunities.
After being accepted into the Young Leaders Program, Young Leaders submit an additional application to receive a WCD Ambassadors Project seed grant.
Women Deliver will recruit its next class of Young Leaders in early 2018.